Tuesday, July 08, 2003

ANOTHER INTERNET CHAT

Me: So, what's up with you and [girl’s name] these days?
My friend : Not much. She canceled on me last week to do stuff with family. I hadn't heard from her up until yesterday. We talked for a bit but haven't made any plans 'cause she's busy these days.
Me: I see.
My friend : yup.
My friend : But I think things are ok.
Me: Did she reveal herself as a cyborg from the future?
My friend : er...
My friend : no.
Me: OK, cool. So everything's fine.
My friend : huh???
Me: Look, as long as she isn't a cyborg from the future intent on destroying the human race, everything's cool.
Me: I mean, come on, you gotta draw the line somewhere.
My friend : Then what kind of cyborg is she, if she is a cyborg?
Me: Look, I think you're asking too many questions. Just be happy that she's not here to destroy us all.
My friend : So in a way, I'm saving the human race from total annihilation!!!
Me: You may very well be, my friend.

No comments: