Thursday, February 26, 2004

Karma pays off in the coolest ways or Do good things if you want good things to happen to you
So I drove to my Morning Job® because my bus was late (of course I saw it pull up as I drove away). Aaaany-hoo, so I parked at a meter and shoved all these coins in it, and thought to myself, "remember to come back in two hours and feed the meter."

So naturally, I forget I even own a car.

And I go about work, doing Morning Job® type activities, all the while singing "la la la" in my head like a little girl.

As I leave to go to my Afternoon Job®, I think to myself "time to get change for the bus." So I reach into my pocket and feel (gasp!) CAR KEYS! Shit! I forgot to feed the meter! Shit! I'm a dork! Shit! I pretty much worked four hours to pay for a parking ticket! Shit, shit shit!

So I walks to my car (yeah, I said walks), because really, running ain't going to make the ticket less expensive, if you knows what I mean. So I'm walking, expecting to see a big paper flag of dorkdom flapping on my windshield wiper.

But, alas, lo and behold, NO TICKET. AND, to my surprise, there were 50 minutes left on my meter! My only guess is that someone, some stranger, some lovely, beautiful stranger with a heart bigger than Jupiter decided to put a quarter or two in my meter!

And I am reminded of the couple of times in the past where I have seen expired meters and decided to drop a quarter or two to help a brother (or sister) out. IT ALL COMES BACK TO YOU! Bless you, oh, bless you stranger!

Either they were very kind, or they were just dumb and put money in my meter by mistake.

But still...KARMA!!!

And, to top it off, there were TWO dogs waiting to play at the Afternoon Job®.

No comments: