Friday, August 19, 2005

Goin' south

First of all: I LOVE VACATIONS! I should take one every month.

On the plane to Austin, I was seated at the window, and an older gentleman was on the aisle. This was before we took off. We were sitting there, he was on his cell phone (we weren't moving yet), and two very beautiful women got on. He tapped me on the shoulder (still on the phone) and said "We want the blonde to sit next to us!" I smiled and nodded my head.

As I looked out the window, I heard him say "May I speak to (such and such)? Yes, this is Senator (name here)." I thought he was joking at first, but then I heard him say things like "let's wait for the Supreme Court" and "Lieutenant Governor." And I saw his windbreaker had a State Seal and his name, "Senator (so and so)."

Dude, I sat next to a state senator from a large, I-will-not-name state, and he was being all dirty old man! And then I thought, "why is he sitting in coach while that tattooed rock dude gets to sit in first class?"

No comments: