Tuesday, July 09, 2002

It's been really, really hot these last two days. One thing I hate in this world (other than racism...and rasins in my salad...or is it racism in my salad?...I keep forgetting) is getting into a HOT CAR that's been sitting in the sun forever. Unfortunately, I do not have a carport/garage for my car, so sometimes it sits out in the sun, and getting into the car is like getting into HELL ITSELF.

I hate trying to drive with a hot steering wheel, so I got one of those neoprene steering wheel cover things that make it so much more bearable when grabbing the wheel. And since I have no garage, I fear that all that sun and heat will really fuck up the interior and dry and crack it before its time. And the paint will fade, I just know it. I'm not really that car-vain, but it's my only transportation and I wanna make sure it lasts like...oh, FOREVER. I'm one of those people who like to get the most use out of their stuff. I have shirts that are real old, but they're still pretty decent looking, so I keep wearing them. Yeah, the cuffs get kinda worn out, but other than that, its age is hardly noticeable.

On a completely different note...I knew my natural sleep pattern would catch up to me, and today it did. I out-slept my snooze. My alarm was not enough to get me up this morning. I woke up 45 minutes late for work. I called in, and T said "it's really dead over here anyway, so you don't have to come in." YEE-HA!!! So not only was I well rested, I had a free morning! I cleaned up, did laundry, went to my agent's office, and got some car stuff. Hooray for me! You see, sleeping in DOES WONDERS FOR YOUR DAY!!!!

No comments: