Thursday, July 18, 2002

So I went to the Arclight Cinema (or Cinerama Dome) to watch "Minority Report" (okay movie...not great, but good). I went to the concession stand to get a hot dog. They didn't have hot dogs at the counter. They had some kind of "gourmet sausage"-type thing. I had a choice they had 3 kinds, I think. I chose the chicken/pesto (or something like that) sausage. I also had a choice of "topping," either honey mustard or barbecue something or other. Wow.

"What ever happened to hot dogs?" I asked the guy.

"We're trying to expand our selection" he said.

They still sold candy and pop corn and cokes (at prices that make you feel like you're in Tokyo), but I guess hot dogs are not the thing any more. Can't they just have regular crappy unhealthy hot dogs for everyday shmoes like me?

No comments: