Thursday, August 15, 2002

No wonder people think I'm strange pt. 3
You know that song from "The Sound of Music," the "Do-Re-Mi" song? I think the note "la" gets screwed royally in that song. All the other notes have something clever said about them, like "do, a deer" and "Re, a drop of golden sun." Clever, right? But what does "la" get? "La, a note to follow so". That's so damned unoriginal and quite unfair, considering all the special treatment all the other notes get. Unfair, I cry. So "la" is only special because it follows "so"? That's fucked up.

Poor la. It probably feels insecure, marginalized, unloved and ignored. It'll probablly fall into the wrong crowd, or adopt unhealthy behavior. Well, I tell you what...fuck Julie Andrews, and fuck the Van Trapp family!! Those fuckers.

You go, La! You kick those other notes ASSES!!! All those other notes SUCK!!!! Fight the good fight, La! I got your back!

No comments: