Thursday, October 10, 2002

I accidentaly found something that I think is interesting (and will probably make me a geek). Today, at Morning Job™, I was asked to deliver stuff around town. So I got to go out and drive in my car, which is a welcome diversion. It's always nice to be out and about. Aaaaaaaaaanyhoo, there's this shopping center on the corner of Vermont and Santa Monica Blvd. There's a Rite Aid and I think a Staples there. But in the middle of the parking area, there's this island that has all these street lamps lined up. All different kinds. I'd say there are about ten or twelve of them, all lined up by height. Some were pretty short, and some were very high. And they all were differrent. Some looked like they were from the 1920's or something, and some looked very modern. It was a display of all the different types of streetlamps in use in the Los Angeles area. Each one had a small plaque with it's model and the area of Los Angeles where it can be found. I think the reason why it was displayed in this particular shopping area is because the city has a streetlight repair place a few blocks away. Okay, so I'm a big geek, but I found this really, REALLY neat, and if you think it's geeky, well nuts to you, I'll pummel the shit out of you out back in the parking lot.

No comments: