Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Update: I am not stranded in the desert.

See, the problem was that I couldn't yank the flat tire off of the car. I tried and tried, but it was stuck, so I had to call a tow truck guy.

 This is me waiting for an hour and a half for the tow guy. The sun was setting when he finally came.

 This is the dreaded flat tire that wouldn't budge. The guy said that wheels can stick, especially aluminum wheels. He had to get a rubber mallet and pound the sucker till it gave. There was no way I would try that on my own, on unstable ground, with the rickety jack that comes with the car (you can see the jack in the foreground). The guy said those things were dangerous, and used his own super jack. Tow truck guys rule!

  This is me a few minutes ago, back at home in Tucson, after consuming a Coldestone ice cream. I deserved it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: