Friday, May 17, 2002

Maybe, instead of becoming J.D. Salinger, I'm becoming more like Holden Caufield from "Catcher in the Rye." That's scary. I hear myself criticizing people as "phony." I usually catch myself, too, especially since I've been doing that a lot lately. I have to stop and say "Whoah, there, Holden!"

I went to a private school like Holden, but I only went to one. Holden got kicked out of four. I just transferred to a public school for my senior year cuz I started hating it. No major disciplinary things happened to me while I was at the private school. Although once I was suspended and got 21 days of detention for cutting class. My friend A, who cut class with me, got out of it because his grandfather (who he never even knew) died, and he had to travel out of the country. He got away with everything. He was rich, and his parents never disciplined him. If he ever wanted something, he'd just buy it. I was middle class my parents were pretty heavy-handed with the rules. I couldn't afford anything. A was my friend, but I really hated him. He was a phony. SEE!!! SEE!!! I TOLD YOU!!!

No comments: