Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Some people are idiots. Myself included sometimes. Okay, that's all I wanted to say on that subject.

Just want to let everyone know, www.theonion.com is the only website that makes me laugh out loud while reading, which is hard when I'm at my Morning Job™. because there's only four of us in this small office space, and people are on the phone doing Important Things™.

My fantasy
Okay, I have recently started this fantasy and it's becoming a growing desire. It's kind of wierd, but not in a kinky way, so don't get your hopes up. I want to become a recluse. I don't think my friends believe me, but I really, really want to become one. The only thing is, I'd need to become a lottery winner first because I can't be reclusive and have two Jobs now, can I?

I used to think reclusive people were interesting, or interestingly eccentric, like J.D. Salinger or Howard Hughes (OK, he's more freaky than interesting). I looked at them with a sense of novelty. But now that lifestyle is becoming attractive to me. I've been trying to figure out why, and the only conclusion is that there was this traumatic incident that happened to me in January of 2001, and since then, the reclusive life has started to make sense to me. Really limiting my human contact sounds really good to me. I mean, I wouldn't be completely anti-social. I'd have to go to the store or answer the door for the grocery delivery guy, and I'd be civil and nice to them, but I don't think I would want to carry any long, revealing conversations with them. And then maybe this blog will be my only real contact with the outside world.

Now that would be wierd. But I like it.

No comments: