Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Every night for the last several months or so, at around 11:45pm, birds start chirping, REAL LOUD, around my neighborhood. It's wierd for two reasons...first, it is 11:45pm, and second, I live in downtown L.A. I think they live across the street in the trees around the police station. But damn, they are loud. I think they're average loud, but since the streets are empty, and their chirps bounce off the buildings, they sound EXTREE loud.

But the birds are not as loud as that guy who lives in the corner apartment. He looks to be in his early forties, and he seems like a normal guy when I see him in the hall. He rides a bike. But once in a great while, he just goes in a tirade and shouts heavily slurred English and Japanese for what seems like hours. I think he's either drunk or he forgets to take his meds or something. I've called the police on him twice. He lives alone, and he shouts at no one in particular out the window. He walks around his apartment in a towel and just shouts. He's been warned by the management I think twice, and he's calmed down for a while, but now he's starting up again.

Maybe he's shouting at the birds.

No comments: