Monday, June 17, 2002

This past weekend has got to be one of the most fun, exciting, carefree and overall fun weekends I've had in a long, long time. Start with Friday...I fly to SF to meet E, T and J to do our show. I get there about 3:45pm. We do tech. We eat and then have a warm-up. The Friday evening crowd was not to big, yet it they had a really, really good time. Even Mom and Dad showed. After the show, people come up to us with this glimmer in their eye and thank us for our show. Thanks us? I thank THEM for showing up! We go to the basement and chill and jam with the theater staff. I go home and almost immediately fall asleep.

Next day, Mom and Dad take me out to Japanese food. Yum. I take the subway to the theater. We have time to chill out, then do our warm-up. My brother and his girlfriend show up. The place is packed. There are people in the aisles. People are hyped. We have an awesome show. Now, even MORE people with the glimmer come up and thank us. Again, we thank THEM for just being there. After the audience leaves, in the tradition of the staff, they do a parody of the show. They even rope in our own sound guy to be part of it. My cheeks hurt from all the laughing. We go downstairs to chill and jam with the staff again.

Sunday I fly back to L.A. and take a nap before I go to the party where JC and I are having our joint birthday party. It's at this wacky place in Eagle Rock...it's a bowling alley with a chinese restaurant, a cheap bar with karaoke, a pool table and video games. What more would you want? Many, many friends show up and we just have a hoot. JC said all that was missing was a swimming pool and free sex for everyone.

Wow. What a weekend.

Just now realized that my email link on this page was SPELLED WRONG. Great. No wonder no one writes to me. They don't write to me because I CAN'T EVEN SPELL MY OWN EMAIL ADDRESS!!

No comments: