Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Went to Karate class last night...first time in a long time. Boy, that's a great workout. I kept up pretty well, except that I keep forgetting my kata (forms). But it looks like I'll be going fairly regularly in July, so I have some time to get back up to speed. August may become a little busy again. I love doing martial arts.

Okay, well I don't do stand-up comedy any more (I did it from '90 - '97). But in our z3 show, I do a little thing about stand-up - it's called "Kennedy's not a stand-up", and in it, I talk about how I don't do stand-up any more, but I do it in stand-up form (oh, the irony!). Any-hoo, it's gotten the stand-up joke-writing part of my brain to work again, so now I come up with jokey things to say in my head, but I have no forum for it. Last night I came up with this one punch line that I can never ever use except in a stand-up venue. Man, that sucks. Maybe it would work as a slogan on a t-shirt. Who could I sell it to? Damn, you, Comedy Gods! Damn you!

No comments: