Friday, June 21, 2002

I'm at the Morning Job™ and I'm alone! Woo-hoo! Yippeee! I'm alone! I can work in my underwear! I can eat butter at the computer! I can make fart noises with my armpit! Yay!

Well, I could, but I'm not. I'm just sitting here surfing the web. I guess I can turn on the TV and watch HBO or Maury Povich ("...you are the father!").

I just could NOT get up this morning. It's crazy. I fell asleep at around 1:30am, yet I didn't get out of bed until around 10:30, which was the time I was supposed to be at work. Maybe it's the weather or something. Maybe my body is telling me to get some friggin rest. Which I need.

Today's weather is kinda wierd. Kinda cool and misty. Wierd for June. Maybe it's earthquake weather!!! So instead of scootering to work (and since I was late as all hell), I drove to work. Which is good because I have a ton of quarters I need to unload, and parking meters are a good, quick way to do that. Maybe I should give them to the homeless dudes here downtown, but I've slowly stopped doing that. Mabye that's why I have so much change. I used to give change to people freely. Heck, I couldn't go down Haight Street in San Francisco without emptying my pockets of change. But nowadays, maybe it's because I'm older, I'm really reluctant to give anything anyomore. I've noticed I'm not that giving to strangers, and I've got this semi-cold attitude to strangers and even people behind counters and such. I'm attributing it to the January 2001 incident. I think I don't want to come across as vulnerable to people.

No comments: